The masterplan has included for the retention of Brand Rex and The Bridge Inn Public House.
- Improved, signalised junction with pedestrian and cycle crossing facilities.
- New linkages to adjoining areas.
- The production of ‘Green Travel Plan’ which will encourage travel on foot, by cycle and public transport.
- A transport assessment will accompany the application.
- Buildings and spaces are designed to be sensitive to adjacent residential areas and improve the overall environment of the site.
- The development will overlook the canal side and enhance the setting of the canal based on high quality buildings and spaces.
- Two new linked public green spaces within the heart of the development. Play space both formal and informal could be included in the design of these spaces.
- Significant improvement to local biodiversity through the creation of new green spaces within the site which can provide new habitats, flora and fauna.
- Reinforce local identity and character and enhance views and
vistas into and through the site creating a place where people will
want to be and enjoy spending time.
Air and Noise
- A reduction in HGV movements will provide a beneficial impact on both the air and noise quality.
- The introduction of a ‘Green Travel Plan’ will aim to reduce vehicle
- An air quality and noise assesment will accompany the application.
- Surface water run off will be managed through the creation of
- Sufficient sewer capacity exists to support the proposal.
- The site is not at risk of flooding.
- A full risk assessment will accompany the application.
The precise phasing arrangement for the site is yet to be finalised.
Phasing This is subject to a number of factors including the relocation of the school, demand and land assembly.