Bridgewater Business Park
Location and Access
Bridgewater Business Park stands on a site steeped in industrial history. Originally created as a base for The Anchor Cable Company in 1900 the site has become synonymous with Leigh’s strong industrial heritage. It is situated between Manchester and Liverpool close to road, rail and air facilities. Located on West Bridgewater Street, Leigh immediately off St Helen’s Road, the A572 and adjacent to the town centre with excellent road communications to the A580 East Lancs Road and M6.
The site is located between the Bridgewater Canal to the North and residential property on the southern boundary convenient for the town centre.
Outline Planning Consent was granted in 2010 for a mixed use scheme:
- Gross Site Acreage – 24 acres (9.8 hectares)
- Acreage of residential – 17 acres (6.9 hectares)
- Number of residential units – maximum 320
- Floor area of employment use – 5.2 acres (2.1 hectares)
- Acreage of Open Space – 2 acres (0.8 hectares)
- No affordable housing requirement
- £50,000 footbridge contribution
- Open Space Maintenance Contribution to be calculated at reserved matters
- New junction to be implemented prior to completion of 200th house
The property comprises a mixture of industrial, residential, leisure, retail and open land occupied in part by various users including Brand Rex. A full tenancy schedule is available on request.
The site is freehold and offered for sale subject to the existing tenancies and planning permission.